Meet Dr. Ruegg
Dr. Rick Ruegg has lived and practiced psychology in Greenwood for over 30 years. He is a licensed psychologist and marriage and family therapist in private practice.
Originally from rural Northeastern Ohio, near Canton, Dr. Ruegg was the oldest of four brothers. His immediate family includes wife, Debi, daughters Becky and Katie, sons-in-law Roy and John; step kids Jessica, Michael and daughter-in-law, Kelly.
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
Vintage cars, new cars, four-wheeling, go-karts, gardening, healthy eating, and mindful living. He enjoys grilling on the patio with “the kids,” hiking in nature, landscaping, Orange Theory Fitness workouts, Evolutions Yoga, and meditation.
A project person, one of his favorite weekend activities is working in his garage, the “Taj MaGarage.” He is presently modifying a 1941 Ford that belonged to his dad, drives a 1936 Ford 5-window coupe that was previously owned by an uncle, and has a rusty 1936 Plymouth, waiting be street rodded.
Travel. Especially to out-of-the-ordinary places. A few past favorites are B & B’s surrounding the coast of Scotland; the hill towns of Italy; an African Safari, the island of Kauai, and most recently, Puerto Vallarta.
On his bucket list: Attending the air show at Oshkosh, WI, traveling Germany and Switzerland (his heritage), riding a bicycle across the U.S., and completing the restoration of his 1936 Plymouth as a street rod. Scuba diving with kids.
His favorite quotation comes from Joseph Campbell: “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.”
Dr. Rick Ruegg has provided psychological counseling to individuals, couples, and families in Greenwood for over 30 years. He specializes in marriage and family therapy as well as therapeutic treatment for depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, and substance abuse.
Professionally, his proudest accomplishments are providing a safe place, void of judgment, for fellow human beings to openly discuss challenges and his continued training in group psychodrama.
Dr. Rick has continued his education with an emphasis in experiential marriage and family therapy. Attending multiple training sessions at Onsite, a retreat and professional training center in the mountains of Tennessee, he has completed certification in advanced methods of experiential therapy, which he implements in his practice. He will proceed with internships throughout 2018.
- Psychodrama Training, Ft. Wayne, IN, September 22-24, 2017.
- Couples Intensive, Intern, Onsite, August 18-23, 2017.
- Psychodrama Conference, Clearwater FL, May 3-8, 2017
- Psychodrama Institute, September 28-October 2, 2016
- Psychodrama Training, Chicago IL, March 11-13, 2017
- Psychodrama Institute, Onsite, February 24-28, 2012.
- Psychodrama Institute, Onsite, February 20-25, 2009.
- Experiential Therapy Institute, Onsite, May 13-18, 2005.
- Ph.D. Counseling Psychology, 1988: Ball State University, Muncie, IN.
- M.A. in Marriage and Family Therapy, 1979: Western Evangelical Seminary, Portland, OR.
- B.A. in Religious Philosophy, Communications minor, 1976: Vennard College, University Park, IA.
- Health Services Provider in Psychology, Indiana License, 1989 to date.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Indiana License, 1993 to date.
- American Psychological Association
- Indiana Psychological Association
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Indiana Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- American Society of Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama
- American Society of Experiential Therapists